Old 30-12-2007, 12:32 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

RichardB[_2_];767732']In article
,
says...

I need the name (common or scientific) for a house plant I own. I
lost the little label and now I'm lost in the welter of information
available on the internet.

The plant is a vine - sold with one of those little trellis doohickeys
- it has beautiful and plentiful yellow trumpet shaped blossoms (the
hummingbirds really enjoyed them this summer!) I do remember that the
salesperson told me that the plant is mildly poisonous, causing
diahrrea if ingested, and that it will not survive a frost. I know
that's not much in the way of clues; please help.

Could be one of the Alamanda species. Lots of pictures available on Google
images.

sounds like it might be a trumpet vine but i would think thats more of an
outside vine than a houseplant as they can get fairly large.
good luck with your search. cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.