Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

Default Pergola ideas

I would go with the replies of Ruth and David.
A deciduous vine of a type that suits the area and your taste.
You could grow it over lattice work or strong wire strung across. I have
seen pre fabricated made out of fibro board, which is simply a sheet of the
stuff with squares punched out for "fake lattice". Looks good from a
distance, but obviously fake up close, but if it's getting covered with a
climber it could be a possiblility. Just check on the strength. I would
guess it's stronger than the "stapeled" together stuff.
Even a deciduous tree (small though), or deciduous shrubs turned into a
screen (similar to a hedge).

Good luck
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply