Old 30-12-2007, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me Me is offline

Default New Beech Hedge

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:59:11 -0000, "Mark"

wrote:

I want to plant a new beech hedge. When is the best time?

Probably now.

I am in Norfolk. The soil is sandy.

It has to be well drained too.

Also any recomendations for a supplier please.

I can recommend not buying from Bakker a Dutch supplier of dead beech
hedging.

Not all will be a success. If the hedge isn't too big consider planting
double
the recommended density and removing/moving those that are surplus to
requirements when you can see which are growing well.
--

Martin