Old 30-12-2007, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default old giant leylandiis

In article , says...

In article ,
redg writes:

| My Oxford home is let. It has a very small triangular back garden with
| two lelandiis in the corner, one very very tall and one slightly
| shorter. Next to the garage at the side if the house is another and
| along the front wall are 4 more.

It it almost certainly your landlord's responsibility, but the only
sane thing to do is remove them. They are FAR too close to the house,
and the insurers might refuse to pay if they damage it or someone
else's property.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I read it that the OP is the landlord?
Any way the sooner you bite the bullet and get them down the better, the
longer you leave it the more costly it will become. If using a reputable
(insured) tree surgeon then they will be well used to dealing with trees
such as those you describe. Perhaps you could replace one or more with
something more suitable?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk