Old 30-12-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
2pods 2pods is offline

Default Pond plans for New Year

Our tiny patio pond's filter pump died on Christmas Eve.
(five year old Hozelock Cyprio Titan 2000 on 24/7. That's what I call
service :-) )

Yesterday I canniblised bits from a hefty waterfall pump and got the filter
running again.
This will see me through until 3rd January when the place I buy pumps from
reopens I thought.

Wrong !
This morning about two thirds of the water has gone.
The pump was still running, so I think I have stupidly ripped the liner when
replacing the pump.

So it will prolly be a new pump, new liner, and frostbite for my new year.

Peter
"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
Does anyone have interesting pond plans for next year? Enlarging their
pond. Redoing it? New filters? Better predator protection? Anything?
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.