Old 30-12-2007, 05:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Pond plans for New Year

"2pods" wrote in message
Our tiny patio pond's filter pump died on Christmas Eve.
(five year old Hozelock Cyprio Titan 2000 on 24/7. That's what I call
service :-) )

Yesterday I canniblised bits from a hefty waterfall pump and got the
filter running again.
This will see me through until 3rd January when the place I buy pumps from
reopens I thought.

Wrong !
This morning about two thirds of the water has gone.
The pump was still running, so I think I have stupidly ripped the liner
when replacing the pump.

What a bummer! You may be able to repair the liner if the hole or slit
isn't too large. I saw tape somewhere for even larger tears in liners.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.