Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Trish Brown

Default Can Anyone Identify For Me?

Warren Sergent wrote:

I recently poured a heap of seeds into my garden in order to get some decent
flowers.. well, basically achieved that, but a couple of plants turned up
unexpectedly (tomatoes, for instant).. but these two I am not sure about..

http://spakatak.0catch.com/plant/index.html

Can someone tell me what they are, and whether they should flower sometime?
If they won't flower, then i'll yank 'em and put them elsewhere, but i'd
still like to know what they are, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Warren.

Gee, that plant looks familiar! I've seen it somewhere and just can't
remember where...

I don't think it's fennel, because fennel gets a thick, fibrous white
base with 'ribs' sort of like celery. The quickest way to tell is to
squish some of the leaves between your fingers: fennel smells strongly
of aniseed.

I *think* it's something like comfrey or chamomile: one of the BYC
(bloody yellow composites). It will eventually get a smallish white or
yellow daisy flower if it belongs to that family...

Hope someone can post what it *really* is, 'cause now you've got me
wondering!

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia