Old 31-12-2007, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default An Excellent Sunscald Article

What does it matter if you do not understand compartmentalization?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for posting, however, not a very good article.

The only problem is the wounds they are showing are the result of a
wound
from an ijury and not the sun.
They also fail to tell you that when you wrap the trunk it tree wrap it
reduces photosynthesis and the production of food for the plant.
Wrapping a
trunk when moving a tree is a great idea but tree wrapping young trees
reduces food.

So you are drunk on new year eve right? Why post this crap?

Wrapping tree trunks stops photosythesis. Hmmmmm where does
photosynthesis
take place in the bark of most trees? How is this important compared to
photosynthesis in leaves?

Tree Wrap http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/T/tree_wrap.html

"Tracing the bark around the split can be very helpful in aiding wound
healing" The problem with this statement is that tree wounds do not
heal!!!! That is like saying I photosynthesis. Silly for sure.

"70% alcohol" Not a good idea at all. It lubricates the pathogens.

What! 70% alcohol would be lethal to pathogens. Oh wait on . What
exactly
do you mean by pathogens? It lubricates them. Hmm , so they slide up
the
trunk perhaps? How much lubrication have you had today?

You show signs of being out of your tree.

David

Why post this crap?

Same thought occurred to me David, except I was thinking of your
gratuitous display of hostility.

Your entire post could have easily been: Can you quantify the importance
of photosynthesis that occurs on the trunk of a young tree as compared
to the photosynthesis in its' leaves, and please clarify statement on
use of 70% alcohol (Isopropyl, methyl, EtOH?) to reduce plant pathogens.

A question of my own is when did New Years Eve begin on New Year's Eve
morning? I realize that breakfast is the most important meal of the day
but still, I thought New Year's Eve started in the, you know, evening.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatwedo...u-need-to-know