Old 31-12-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tad Tad is offline

Default Soil PH

On Dec 28, 2:12*pm, "symplastless" wrote:
One of the problems using tea alone is that you deprive the soil from
cellulose which would be provide by added composted wood chips. *Remember,
mulch comes in different gradations. *From teas to large fallen tree trunks.

Don't get me wrong. *Teas can be very very good by adding certain essential
elements. *In the same sentence composted wood chips has its benefits as
well. *Using just composted wood chips for trees is not best. *Some
composted leaves and needles plus wood chips composted. *A nurse log here
and there. *Then a tea. *When you say tea are you talking about biodynamic
preparations?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Tad" wrote in message

On Dec 22, 1:55 pm, CORVIDSTATION61

wrote:
Hi,
Just a quick one.
I know how to increase the soils PH. But what do i add to bring it
down.
Thanks Mark

--
CORVIDSTATION61

Why not add biology and let nature fix the pH for you? *I would use
compost tea personally before adding a bunch of other chemicals or
minerals to your soil. *What was the pH again and what do you want it
to be? *Why is it too high in the first place?

Please explain to me how Actively Aerated Compost Tea removes
cellulose from the environment. This is not the case at all. In
addition, the purpose of these teas is NOT to provide "certian
essential elements." The purpose is to put additional biology into
the soil. Nature will correct imbalances given time and the proper
beneficial biology. Compost is another option, it is just more
expensive and time consuming. The key is to fix the problem itself,
not to just mask the symptoms.