Old 31-12-2007, 09:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Should You Take Gingko Biloba To Boost Your Memory?

In article ,
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Short answer: no.
Even herbals that work are unregulated by FDA, unless harmful, and
active ingredient can vary considerably. Eat a heart healthy diet and
only take what your doctors recommend.

Long answer: maybe

The FDA, through no fault of its' own has been gutted by lobbist
promoted bills to limit the FDA's power. Consider Monsanto's premium
sweetener, NutraSweet, that would be thrown on the scrap heap, if
"stevia" (a plant that most of us could grow in our gardens) is
legalized for dietary products. Yeah, and it would please me to get
along without pharmaceuticals.

Some illnesses are idiopathic, with a myriad of possible causes.
Different treatments will give varying results based on the cause.
Opinion on Ginkgo is mixed, but because there are no know adverse side
effects, it can't hurt to try it. Make up your own mind.

I'm taking prunella for hypertension, and it has allowed me to cut my
meds in half. I tried better melon for diabetes II, and saw no effects.

You may want to read up on ginkgo biloba at

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Ginkgo+biloba

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?art...64-A98A809EC58
80105

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...edu/group/hope
s/treatmts/antiox/f_k01ginkgo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.stanford.edu/group
/hopes/treatmts/antiox/k2.html&h=378&w=360&sz=40&tbnid=ZJWNU-VfRJVJDM:&tb
nh=122&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dginkgo%2Bbiloba,%2Bpicture%26um%3D1&s t
art=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars