Old 31-12-2007, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default New Beech Hedge

On 31/12/07 18:05, in article , "Mark"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
I want to plant a new beech hedge. When is the best time?

I am in Norfolk. The soil is sandy.

Also any recomendations for a supplier please.

mark

Thanks for the replies. I need a 100plnts to do about 75 feet. I'll
investigate the suggested websites now.

mark

I don't understand why you need 100 plants? We sell beech bare-rooted and
recommend 3' between each plant. That's 25 plants. You're talking about
planting them mere inches apart, which seems a bit strange.
Dig a trench, pop them in and keep them well watered if we have any dry
spells.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk