Old 31-12-2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
2pods 2pods is offline

Default Pond plans for New Year

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:14:23 CST, "2pods" wrote:

Our tiny patio pond's filter pump died on Christmas Eve.
(five year old Hozelock Cyprio Titan 2000 on 24/7. That's what I call

So it will prolly be a new pump, new liner, and frostbite for my new year.

Is this a fountain where the wind could have blown the water out? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

No, it was a pressurised filter return (pond is about 8' x 4'), but it
seems its either the black ribbed hose cracked, or the filter itself, so
I've taken the pump out, refilled and added dechlor.
Fish seem happy so far touches wood/

Hopefully this will see them OK until the January pump appears.

peter