Old 01-01-2008, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Hawaiian Passionfruit

"HC" wrote in message
The fruit I ate was a yellow skinned variety and the pulp was quite pale,
not at all bright yellow like the black skinned fruit I normally buy. It
wasn't acidic either, in fact quite sweet and when I enquired was told it
was a 'Hawaiian'. Unfortunately they didn't know the botanical name for
the variety, which of course, I realise would have made things much
easier.

Skin-colour is not important, I really liked the flavour of the pulp.

Bronwyn ;-)

is it the kind known as "banana passionfruit"?
kylie