Old 01-01-2008, 12:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Bottom drains

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
It seems like every time I turn around there is another person
bemoaning the fact that they didn't put in a bottom drain when they
built their pond. Being as how I am digging a (small) pond right now,
I would like to avoid such a mistake, and the time for a bottom drain
is now when the pond is being constructed, but I can't see the
advantage in having one. What am I missing?

If it works right and don't constantly clog with leaves and frogs, it should
remove the sludge and mulm that tends to collect on all pond bottoms. No
more drain downs like we have to do. But then if there are fry... you still
have to do draindowns to remove them.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.