Old 01-01-2008, 04:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
Tish Tish is offline

Default Hawaiian Passionfruit

Bronwyn,

I was in a Flower Power store yesterday and saw packets of Hawaiian
passionfruit seeds, so they are readily available in Aus. Of course,
I can't remember which seed company it was that was selling them, but
if Flower Power is selling them then they must be fairly easy to get.
If you are anywhere near Sydney you could try the Mt Annan (Narellan)
FP store.

Tish

On Jan 1, 3:03 pm, HC wrote:
No, Kylie....Banana Passionfruit are elongated and Hawaiian's are round.
They looked like Panama Red (which I've discovered they are related
to) but the skin is a yellow/green. Pulp is quite pale, very very sweet
and not at all acidic. Really lovely tasting and that's why I want
one!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

0tterbot wrote:
"HC" wrote in message

The fruit I ate was a yellow skinned variety and the pulp was quite pale,
not at all bright yellow like the black skinned fruit I normally buy. It
wasn't acidic either, in fact quite sweet and when I enquired was told it
was a 'Hawaiian'. Unfortunately they didn't know the botanical name for
the variety, which of course, I realise would have made things much
easier.

Skin-colour is not important, I really liked the flavour of the pulp.

Bronwyn ;-)

is it the kind known as "banana passionfruit"?
kylie