Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Chookie

Default Pergola ideas

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Perhaps a pergola with a deciduous vine might be an idea?

Seconded.

The problem is that the OP lives on the Gold Coast, and deciduous plants often
stop being deciduous when the climate is as mild as that.

I favour a climber over pergola too, but recommend strongly AGAINST
bougainvillea as it's both aggro and thorny -- not at all fun to cut back.
The newer cultivars aren't supposed to have these problems, but I would still
treat them with caution.

A passionfruit vine?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

The most consistent empirical proof from history is the doctrine of human
depravity. -- Chuck Colson