Old 01-01-2008, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°² is offline

Default old giant leylandiis

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 01:32:04 -0800 (PST),
wrote and included this (or some of this):

On 1 Jan, 05:29, redg wrote:
So you all reckon I should get it done, but no comments about the
undergound structural damage where the roots have reached. That's my

That's why you need the professionals.

In general all the Leylandii I have taken down have had a root ball no
wider than the crown, but I live on heavy clay. The nature of root
growth is a complicated thing, depending on underground conditions.

Last month I had most of the trees in my front garden removed.
(mostly inherited stuff when I moved in)
]
6 large old Leylandii, were about 11' high and all at least 8' wide
and too near neighbour's drive.

1 overgrown Mahonia

2 large beech trees, far too near to pavement and neighbour's drive.

Sundry wild seeded trees in amongst the above.

Got a little man in who felled the lot in 3 hours, chipped up
everything in a flatbed for recycling.

A bargain at £250 (and the neighbour chipped in a £100 to help!)

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²
..