Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
kate kate is offline

Default Should You Take Gingko Biloba To Boost Your Memory?

Ann wrote:
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet expounded:

Don't have time or inclination to read all of your references but quote

from the one in Scientific American says what I think:

"Information on most dietary supplements is based far more on folklore
than on EXPERIMENTAL FINDINGS."

EXPERIMENTAL FINDINGS funded by a pharmaceutical company, one way or
the other.

Think is, the pharmaceutical companies don't see much profit in these
'folklore' remedies, so they never are properly tested, and they don't
see the light of widespread distribution. I'll put my trust in the
tried and true anytime, but I'm careful about who that trust goes to.
Stockholders and corporations aren't high on my list.

I take Ginkgo every day but either in a tea or a tincture. I found it
cut back on the "what am I forgetting" feeling.

Kate - experimenting on myself