Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Uncle_vito Uncle_vito is offline

Default Inexpensive cameras

With picture stabilization you may not need a tripod. That is supposed to
take the effects of shake out of the picture. Many cameras have this
option.

Vito

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Stupid questions for the group:

Can any tripod mount to any camera? Is there a standard? Have you a
tripod recommendation?

What is EV compensation? Do you ever use it? If that's too difficult a
question just say so and I'll google it

Do you ever alter the brightness of the flash?

Do you ever set the ISO sensitivity?

Do you use the picture/scene settings or do you just set it on Auto and
forget it?

The most I ever do is set the focal length to Macro and decide whether or
not to use the flash. The bulk of my shots are macro and auto focus. I
do not set anything else. I don't use Flash +/-, EV+/-, scene selections,
etc. I shoot everything sized for the web (400 x 600?) I rarely shoot a
picture at full resolution.

I have a Nikon coolpix 7900 at my disposal which is really rather nice,
but it has so many options, icons for which all show on the LCD. They
make me pause to interpret them whilst I'm setting up a shot. So I
figured I'd ask to see if anyone really uses these options, so I'd know if
I had to commit the instruction manual to heart....

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
All:

We have a nice Panasonic digital and are very happy with it. What I'd
like to find is something very small and easily transportable (in a
pocket, fanny pack, etc.), and not complicated.

The Panasonic is terrific for many things, but it's a pain to carry and
for candids. Any suggestions? I'll take them and then go to the comp
site.

Diana