Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default charges for gardeners, again, it keeps coming around :-)

snip
The chap that does ours is a retired policeman. He set up with his father
who then died and now D carries on alone. He does house painting and
putting up shelves and jobs like that in the winter, if he's not doing
hedge
cutting etc.
Your daughter and son in law might find that a couple of hours a week from
themselves keeps things as they want them, perhaps? After all, while the
grass might need to be cut every week, hedges don't need to be, nor trees
pruned! If they are too busy to do it themselves, or the garden is too
big,
it might be worth asking a local gardening club, putting up a postcard in
local PO or just asking whoever cuts the grass in their local churchyard.

--
Sacha

We had a chap that sounds very much like yours Sacha, tho not a retired
policeman - he is having a hip replacement op so we do not know if he will
be able to carry on with his odd jobs or not, we do miss him very much,
being a countryman he knew what to do, I never needed to tell him.
In the past daughter has managed the garden on her own but our 8 month old
grand-daughter has put a stop to that :-) However a notice in the local PO
is a good idea.

kate