Old 02-01-2008, 09:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default happy new year in the garden!

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

happy new year everyone :-)

we are bringing in the new year with a lot of mulching, fertilising,
planting out and tidying up of dead things from spring (everything got out
of hand before xmas when i couldn't find the time to do anything much). the
veggie patch has had a makeover & is looking exceedingly organised & lovely
(i like an organised veggie garden, me).

Waaaah! Mine is being strangled by kikuyu! I have been hitting bits of it
with Roundup if I can manage not to kill food plants...

we are really pleased with how much progress we've made in the
nearly-year-and-a-half since we came here to a virtual dead-zone, & now feel
we can take things a bit more slowly. which is good, as the weather's turned
HOT at last.

so, what are you all doing in the garden atm? if you're all having beers on
the verandah & just looking at it's lush loveliness, i shall die of envy g

Having cuppas and morosely eyeing the rank kikuyu isn't what you meant, is it?

Though I must admit I am pleased by the cucumbers. And there are signs that
tomorrow might bring our first tomatoes -- just tiddlers, though.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/