Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Bottom drains

"~ jan" wrote in message
I don't try, they get sucked into the prefilter, If a frog were to get
sucked in, it could crawl out of the prefilter, I net out any goldfish
with
no damage. In the koi ponds not a problem, fish too big, and a bullfrog
would be too big to fit between lid and liner. What kind of bottom drain
does Margaret have, how big is the line feeding it? Sound like a design
problem if things are clogging it. ~ jan

============================
Jan I don't know what kind she had. It sucked the water from the pond
bottom and sprayed it across a large filter filled with plants (pickerel
weed). Or it could be diverted onto her lawn. Large bullfrogs and leaves in
the fall where her problem more so than fish. Her husband (died of a heart
attack about 4 years ago) would have to go into the pond and unclog it. I
have no idea how he did that if a frog of clump of leaves were in the hose
feeding the filter. Unfortunately Margaret was killed in a head on collision
in Nashville about 2 years ago. Maybe they didn't have the same type you
have since her pond was at least 10 years old.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.