Old 03-01-2008, 02:34 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Pond plans for New Year

In article ,
Hal wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:06:31 CST, Kurt
wrote:

How about making a raised earthen container and just using pond liner?
This is how I'm doing my next filter.

Sounds interesting! I have an above ground retaining wall stone with
liner I plan to use for plant filter, or veggie-filter, but I don't
have as good an experience as others with plants for filtering. The
bottom of such tanks always collect mulm. What filtering
devices/media do you plan to use in such a tank?

I was thinking about it being one big veggie filter with lots of
Hyacinth, etc. Water enters and leaves on top. My last one wasn't
covered - just looked like a small pond.