Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
GigglesMom GigglesMom is offline

Default Can anyone identify this blue flower?

Sigh, I would love to unfurl the flowers, if only there any left to
unfurl... as you see in my original message... my beloved brother has
torn it up (in addition to pruning my oleandar to the shape of a big
round ball, as though it was a boxwood... yuck!)... I'm hoping there
is enough root left there for it to grow back in the spring... I
agree, except for the four petals, it does look like (a rather
stunted) plumbago in every other way...

I'll keep check this thread, and keep looking... I might print out the
photos and take them to the extension agent...

Thanks to anyone who has made suggestions...

GigglesMom

On Jan 1, 5:24*pm, none ""jules\"@(none)" wrote:
You're right. After having no success with my books I tried plumbago on
google images and every close up has five. I tried looking up four blue
petals and got no where. The pic supplied still looks like a plumbago
though, so maybe it's a freak! Or as the one clear flower is the same
one in each pic, maybe we could ask gigling mom to have a look at the
other flowers? Maybe carefully unfurl the curled up ones? Do they all
have four petals?

Charles wrote:

The pictures I find of plumbago have five petals, the flowers in the
OP's shot had four. *Is there some variation, or am I missing
something?- Hide quoted text -