Old 03-01-2008, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Soil PH

..

You are already on record that plants don't need food because they are
autotrophs. Is that still your position John. I truly hope you aren't
going into melt down here.

If we could feed trees, we would take away the major job of the sun! People
who say "plant food" are ignorant about photosynthesis.

I never said the trees do not require food. However they are autotrophs and
thus manufacture their own food. They do require at least 17 know essential
elements. Providing some of these elements and stimulating micros that
alter these chemicals absorbable at urban trees is our duty as MODERN
ARBORIST. I.e., if you are really a MODERN ARBORIST. First someone needs
to do studies on optimum fertility levels for trees and we need to stop
fertilizing them as if they were corn. maybe corn use a tea.

If you believe that you can feed a plant, put the "food" on and then put the
plant in the dark. See what happens. If you could feed plants, there would
be no need for photosynthesis, or the light energy of the sun. Ridiculous!
Stupid! Why do we keep using the sloppy term? Because everybody does it.
More ridiculous! More Stupid! I, and many other people, refuse to be part of
the everybody. Fertilizers are not plant food in the sense of having an
energy source.

Animals have food tubes. Upper appendages put the food in the tube (arms). A
brain tells them where to find the food. Lower appendages take the animal to
the food. Animals move to get their food. Food is processed in the animal's
food tube.

Foods are substances that contain an energy source mostly, and may contain
some elements, and other substances. The main part of food is the energy
source. There are junk foods, fatty foods, and healthy foods. There are many
diet books telling you about healthy foods. Animals can absorb an energy
source. Plants cannot absorb an energy source. fertilizers are not plant
foods. Fertilizers provide elements essential for growth of plants. The
elements are part of salts, usually, that ionize in water. Ions are charged
particles; anions, negative, and cations, positive. Plants "make"
carbohydrates by trapping the light energy of the sun in a process called
photosynthesis. Sad that so many people who work with plants do not know
this. They call fertilizers plant food. very sad.

Reclaim our freedom and legalize commercial hemp!

Myths - wood is dead. Heartrot explains decay. Flush cuts are correct.
Wound dressings stop rot. Nature is balanced. Fertilizer is food. Wetwood is
bad. Planting deeply is good. Rot is a major cause of failure. Water causes
decay. Insects and diseases are the major causes of tree problems. There are
at least a hundred more.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.