Old 03-01-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Soil PH

Now, if you want to talk elements, we need to talk electron orbitals,
each of which has a "probability" of being in a particular area at any
given time. For our purposes, I presume you will be prepared to talk
about the s, p, d, and f orbitals next time. P orbitals are particularly
important because they allow for double bonds and aromaticity in
cyclical compounds, like tannins.

80 + or - 10. I would rather discuss quarks and mesons. Then work our way
back to why it is illigal to grow commercial hemp in the USA to relieve the
forest from its hurting extracting procedures. Ben Franklin was a hemp
farmer, why can I not be one? What was really the problem with Ben
Franklin? He watched the lightning raise the hairs on the hemp kite string
as it traveled downward into the Earth, LeMay said Franklin couldn't resist
reaching out to touch the hemp and, as you'd expect, he got a slight shock.
It was not just any string that connected Ben Franklin to the clouds above
for his famous experiment, it was hemp string. George Washington as a hemp
farmer. The writer of the Declaration of Independence grew hemp. THE STORY
OF HEMP IN COLONIAL VIRGINIA, By Herndon. A Dissertation which includes
references to George Washington as a hemp farmer. Excellent history.
Ask yourself this question: How does George Washington get to grow hemp and
not the Curator? It gets to the core of the question, what happened in the
last 200 years that we lost such an important right, namely the control of
agricultural production. This prohibition must come to an end. What an
incredible embarrassment it would be to have to explain to George Washington
and Thomas Jefferson that they would have to pull up their hemp crops, that
would have been the Second American Revolution! Both men were high on hemp
as an important crop to replace and rotate with tobacco. It still is.

We really need to use our minds on something prodcutive. As far as the
table of elements. Its still not a table of nutrients.
Industrial hemp has thousands of uses, from paper to textiles to
biodegradable plastics to health food to fuel. It is one of the fastest
growing biomasses on the planet, and one of the earliest domesticated plants
known. It also runs parallel with the "Green Future" objectives that are
becoming increasingly popular. Hemp requires little to no pesticides,
replenishes soil with nutrients and nitrogen, controls erosion of the
topsoil, and converts CO2 to oxygen very well, considering how fast it
grows. Furthermore, Hemp could be used to replace many potentially harmful
products, such as tree paper (the process of which uses bleaches and other
toxic chemicals, apart from contributing to deforestation), cosmetics (which
often contain synthetic oils that can clog pores and provide little
nutritional content for the skin), plastics (which are petroleum based and
cannot decompose), and more. Hemp was used extensively by the United States
during WWII. Uniforms, canvas, and rope were among the main textiles created
from the hemp plant at this time. Much of the hemp used was planted in the
Midwest and Kentucky. Historically, hemp production made up a significant
portion of Kentucky's economy and many slave plantations located there
focused on producing hemp.[25]

In ref. to latter: A nutrient is a substance used in an organism's
metabolism which must be taken in from the environment. Non-autotrophic
organisms typically acquire nutrients by the ingestion of foods. Methods for
nutrient intake vary, with animals and protists having an internal digestive
system, while plants digest nutrients externally and then ingested.

Again

Myths: Roots regenerate new roots, roots absorb nutrients, roots are all
shallow, roots are the most important part of a plant, roots have pith,
roots have heartwood, roots and stems are the same, roots have a green
cortex, roots have associations called mycorrhizae, roots absorb food,
roots
are all below ground, roots on infant trees are the same as mature roots,
roots have flairs called root flairs, roots cannot live under pavements,
all
roots absorb from the soil, over-pruning does not injure roots, roots do
not
compartmentalize infections, roots are independent of the tops, you can
inoculate roots with mycorrhizae, root tips are called root hairs, only
root
hairs absorb "food", roots go dormant in winter as the top does, roots
have
buds, and probably many more! Is it any wonder trees have many problems!

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.