Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Tree eradication

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:22:57 +0000, elalamein
wrote:

Please dont get moralistic over this; believe me this job isn't
something I will relish. However it has to be done. A neighbour has
planted four Poplar trees on his/my boundary fence. They will, in time
destroy the garden I have worked so hard to build up and maintain (on
some of the poorest solis in the UK) by overshading the garden from the
sun.
We dont communicate following him shooting our cat with his air rifle.
The trees have just been planted and it seems to me that the correct
application of the correct substance, under the lifted root (during the
early hours of the morning) might cause the trees not to come into leaf
this spring. I hope then he will abandon his willful horticultural
terrorism.

I wonder what that substance might be? Any ideas?

Thankyou.

Monty

Florists have little tubes they use for things like orchids, a little
plastic tube with a rubber cap, punctured to admit the stem. I am
wondering how that would work if your were to fill one with Roundup,
dig up a root from the tree, insert it into the tube, then bury the
thing again.

I don't know if you would want to use Roundup full strength or
diluted, might try one of each.