Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default old giant leylandiis

On 3/1/08 10:49, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 00:05:29 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

snip

I certainly burned mine, with glee and malice aforethought. But the logs
did spit and spark quite a bit.

Before cutting it down? You occasionally see them going in flames in situ in
films.

If I'd thought of it I'd probably have burned them on the spot. But no,
they were logged and kept for a year. I had one mad - genuinely - neighbour
across the lane from me who tried to get the Council to stop me cutting
them. They laughed out loud at her and remarked that most people were
begging their neighbours to take them down.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk