Old 03-01-2008, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default charges for gardeners, again, it keeps coming around :-)

On 3/1/08 11:59, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

snip Which is best?

but its only cutting a bit of grass which would go on the compost heap
and a few twigs that would burn, not doing a big job.

kate

If its that simple do it yourself if u want a proper job done then pay a
professional . Im sure u wouldnt object paying that amount for a
roofer,brickie,chippie,plumber etc etc a gardener is just as skilled and
has the same overheads .
What would be left after tax ni transport fuel etc etc .
Its ok for the odd jobbers who top up their pensions and just doddle about
but for the self employed who need to make a living out of it u need to
charge the going rate.
I wouldnt take anything on that was less than 5k per year.
And I find people like u quite insulting to the trade.

yes indeed I could fly up to Scotland every couple of weeks and do the job
myself.

kate

The baby being no attraction at all, of course!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk