Old 03-01-2008, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Back Garden Burial.

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 3/1/08 09:47, in article ,
"Adrian" wrote:

snip
My brother and sil bought a tiny cottage in Dorset as a week end
retreat
many, many years ago. They bought it from a very old man who went into
home. Some months later, his daughter rang my sil and said the old man
had
died and asked if his ashes could be scattered in the garden. A little
startled, my sil said she'd consult with my brother. His daughter said
they'd be very grateful because "mother is there already". They
agreed.
It's a lovely garden. ;-) Ray has always joked that when he goes, he
wants
to be cremated and to have his ashes scattered, 3 oz to the square yard
and
forked in lightly. ;-))

Not sure of the legality of it, (and not sure I care !) - but both Mum
and Dad's ashes are scattered in the 'wild bit' at the bottom of the
garden they created from a wilderness over a period of about 25 years.

It seemed fitting .....

Regards
Adrian

Technically, I think you're supposed to get permission because of the
dangers of contaminating water courses. But it's one of those 'who's to
know' situations and in any case, I'm not sure when that law came into
being.

I saw a documentary about the workings of a crematorium a while ago. You
don't get your loved ones ashes. They're not allowed to give you ashes.
When you're cremated, your "ashes" are in fact bones, ground up in a
machine called a cremulator. All that's missing is blood and fish. I'm
going on the rhubarb. But not too soon hopefully. :-)

Steve

Why not this:
http://www.lifegem.com/

There's always plenty of rhubarb{:-)