Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Back Garden Burial.

HI JennyC

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 17:16:00 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote
Not sure of the legality of it, (and not sure I care !) - but both Mum
and Dad's ashes are scattered in the 'wild bit' at the bottom of the
garden they created from a wilderness over a period of about 25 years.

It seemed fitting .....
Regards
Adrian

info here :
http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/gardenburial.html

as in

"Ashes
These can be freely scattered in the garden or buried in a container
eg.under a favourite tree."

....which seems to be remarkably simple & straightforward steps back
in amazement !

FWIW - at the time we did make enquiries of the National Trust for
doing the same thing but on a piece of their coastal headland that was
special to Mum & Dad - and they came back with a raft of
complications.....

And if any of my folks dare to turn me into a diamond, as described
further up this thread' - I'll come back and haunt them.
What a great scheme for separating people from their money !

Adrian