Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
stolie

Default grey water

i usually let the most sudsy/soapy wash go thru first, then only use the
rinse cycle water. The first time i did this i was amazed at the amount of
water i got. I also added a capful of liquid fertilizer to each watercan
load and the results have been pretty dam good

if u wish to use the first cycle, i advise that you alternate where u place
this water, and i have heard not to use any grey water on any food growing
plants.

if you do a general search on the net on grey water (on australian sites) im
sure you find a lot more information that i can provide

"freebird" wrote in message
I am planning to use my washing machine water on my
garden but I am concerned about the effects the washing
detergent may have on the plants.
I have got a lot of natives and I can't see them taking too
well to regular doses of Omo.
Do plants tolerate washing machine water? Would it have
an effect on the soil in the long term and the bugs in there?

thanks for any ideas, barb.