Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Ivon

Default figs and birds

"Gerard" wrote in message ...
I would not mind if they ate just one piece of fruit but no, they take one
peck out of each piece then move to the next.
Any suggestions? I've run out of ideas.

The buggers! my nectarines and strawberries get the same treatment.....

I have some terylene weighted with sinkers over my strawberries, but the birds
lift it and peck the fruit, if only I hadn't handed in my shotgun.......

I have some cd coasters here. I might give it a go. Last season I tried plastic
shopping bags, but it didn't work.

The birds seem to like the fruit not as ripe as I do sadly.......

I will win someday though......

Gerard

I saved the washing from being covered in purple bird poop (they
looove the blood plums) by stringing the old Christmans tinsel all
over the hoist, so I think it should work equally well on the fruit
tree. BUT it only worked for about one or two seasons, so it appears
that you'd have to alternate different methods to get permanent
protection.