Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper pied piper is offline

Default charges for gardeners, again, it keeps coming around :-)

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from (A.Lee) contains these words:

Legitimate, decent traders could not afford to do it much cheaper.

The gardeners I know, who charge £8 per man-hour, arrange their
work (obviously more efficiently than _you_ do!) so that they
are working in the same area one day, then another area the next...

That way they are only minutes away from the next job.

They are good, clean and tidy workers, and I have recommended
them to many of my friends. They will do a one-hour job, no problem!

In the summer, they start at 7 or 7:30am, and finish around 8pm.
Wintertime hours are fewer, of course.

All well and good if u can live on £200 per week get real £8 an hour was
what was being charged ten years ago
like the previous post said overheads running a business etc its alright for
the benefit cheats and oaps earning their beer money U need a reality check
join the real world moron.