Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default lighting for kitchen orchid

Hi Clare! Long time no talk. I don't get around to OrchidSafari anymore.
Just too dang forgetful. I've wondered how you're doing. Anyway, I think
most folks say a cool white tube is just as good as a full spectrum light.
I wonder if Ray has some fluorescent advice on his page (he has just about
everythingn else...) http://www.firstrays.com

K Barrett
(yes, that's me!)

"clareinolywa" wrote in message
I'm redoing the kitchen and have decided to put some type of under
cabinet lighting in to promote flowering.
My Neo. falcata 'Temakongo' has only bloomed twice in five years and
I've decided that sunlight in the Pacific Northwest is just too
dismal...assuming of course it's not some other culture problem.
Anyway, looking at T4,T8, and various grow lights has just confused
the issue for me.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks