Old 04-01-2008, 02:56 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Peter B Peter B is offline

Default latin names and MS Word spelling check

I have tried to do this and given up! It takes a long time to type in
thousands of binomials. What the guy wants is to be pointed to a source
which lists the names to save all that typing. It depends on the area in
which he is interested. If it is UK, the following link might help
http://tinyurl.com/2skqj4 .

Peter

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article
,
bunkka47 writes
Hi!
are there any dictionaries which I can use with MS Word, wchich
contains latin names of spiecies?
ex. Allium cepa etc.

I've not bothered to look because it is straightforward to create your own
dictionary containing all the names, latin and English if you want. Then
you just need to make sure that Word is looking in your new dictionary as
well as the standard ones, which you can do through Tools, Options,
Spelling & Grammar.

You'll find the instructions in the Help file, or if that isn't entirely
clear. and it isn't in Word 97 which I use, then Google for "Create
dictionary for Word".

--
Malcolm