Old 04-01-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dr dr is offline

Default Back Garden Burial.

Adrian wrote:

HI JennyC

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 17:16:00 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote
Not sure of the legality of it, (and not sure I care !) - but both Mum
and Dad's ashes are scattered in the 'wild bit' at the bottom of the
garden they created from a wilderness over a period of about 25 years.

It seemed fitting .....
Regards
Adrian

info here :
http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/gardenburial.html

as in

"Ashes
These can be freely scattered in the garden or buried in a container
eg.under a favourite tree."

...which seems to be remarkably simple & straightforward steps back
in amazement !

FWIW - at the time we did make enquiries of the National Trust for
doing the same thing but on a piece of their coastal headland that was
special to Mum & Dad - and they came back with a raft of
complications.....

There must be a market there for "The Great Escape" trousers, add ashes take
a walk on your favorite spot, drop and scatter with your foot. The NT will
never know what's going on.
Duncan

And if any of my folks dare to turn me into a diamond, as described
further up this thread' - I'll come back and haunt them.
What a great scheme for separating people from their money !

Adrian