Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Peter and Susan

Default Pergola ideas

"Peter and Susan" wrote in message
Hi there,

We're looking at putting in some sort of shade structure for our BBQ area.
He (my other half) isn't keen on shade sails, I have concerns about the
traditional tacked onto the house wood structure. So we need to toss up a
few different ideas before we get into the serious stage of talking to a
builder.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I like the idea of growing a vine but can see this will take major work in
convincing hubby who doesn't really like the idea. As for whether decidious
trees drop their leaves in my part of the world my response, from what I
have observed is that some do and some don't. The cassia and jacaranda at
the end of the street do but my wisteria doesn't seem to completely
defoliate. Its leaves will thin but it doesn't lose them all.

So as a result we are still looking.

Thanks again,

Susan
Gold Coast