Old 05-01-2008, 03:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default log splitter Q

On Jan 4, 1:27*am, wrote:
anyone use one of those sliding hammer log splitters? *If so what do
you think of them. *I have a small amount of wood to split and dont
need a big thing. *Also would prefer to do it the easiest way
possible. *Already broke the handle on my axe!

Making firewood out of axe handles, huh? Been there & done that. Now
I use a splitting maul with a fiberglass handle. It's beat up near the
tip but has never broken. They also make a rubber bumper for axes &
mauls that slide up to the head. The rubber takes the blow on a miss
and usually prevents breakage.
In answer your question, I've never used one because it looked like it
took a lot more of my energy than the old fashion way.

Red