Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] vspess4@gmail.com is offline

Default log splitter Q

On Jan 4, 2:27*am, wrote:
anyone use one of those sliding hammer log splitters? *If so what do
you think of them. *I have a small amount of wood to split and dont
need a big thing. *Also would prefer to do it the easiest way
possible. *Already broke the handle on my axe!

1st question: what kind of wood is it. If it is Elm, don't wast your
time. I have used every device know or created by man and hydraulic is
the best. If it is a large amount of wood rent one. If not, buy the
wedge shape with a fiberglass handle. Swinging anything with moving
parts that ends in sudden impact ain't smart. On a medical note, be in
shape or take your time. This is healthy but hard work. If you re
going to split by hand stand the wood up inside a couple of old tires.
This will keep the split wood from falling down or flying all over the
work area.