Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Peter Pan[_3_] Peter Pan[_3_] is offline

Default Ice on the pond

Hal wrote:
I have ice on the hot tub pond this morning and the fish are almost
still. They can be seen through the very thin ice that is almost
clear in one spot. I have a picture.

The in ground pond with three filter barrels in the ground is still
ice free and had a water temp of 41F this morning. The fish were in a
better mood than I, as I scooped out the leaves the wind had brought
in the past couple days. I shouldn't mind a few days of cold, but I
really do and am ready for spring, warm days and green things.
Happy New Year!

you can always place a floating heater on the pond to keep it from
freezing over