Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default OT Flooding of Group

In article ,
Hal wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:34:09 CST, wrote:

Generally speaking, our software, and the diligence of the
moderators, have done an excellent job in preserving the integrity
of this newsgroup for the past 10 months, in my opinion.

You and those people have my gratitude for the job you are doing.
Again, I thank you!

Might I offer a suggestion for those of you effected by the flood. I
use Agent, it is a newsreader for people who enjoy reading newsgroups
and has several nice features one of which is a watch filter. I have
a watch filter for most of you because I enjoy reading your posts and
when a flood occurs, I simply look for my watch filters and enjoy
reading what you have to offer instead of sorting through a flood to
find pond related posts.

Agent is a Windows only program.
For Mac users, we have the excellent (and free) MTNewswatcher.