Old 06-01-2008, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Greenhouse Heating

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:29:45 +0000, the swede wrote:

For the last few years my husband has heated his greenhouse with a 2kw
natural gas heater. He brings on vegetable seeds in a heated
propagator but needs the heating as we live in Scotland. Gas prices
are expensive at about 12p per kw hour

Find a different gas supplier. You say "natural gas" which I take to mean
mains gas rather than bottled. 12p/kWHr is about 4 times what you should
be paying for mains gas and is more in keeping with upper range
electricity prices... 3 to 4p/kWHr would be more realistic, and about what
British Gas charge and they aren't know to be the cheapest.

Take a look at a few of the utility switching sites, eg
http://www.uswitch.com. Though having just looked at that to check the gas
tarrifs available I can't see were you can find the figures they use to
calculate the "savings". *Always* check the small print, conditions, short
term offers etc. and actual unit prices of a tarrif before deciding to
switch supplier. Paying by monthly direct debit, managing your account
online and without paper bills are all ways to attract "discounts" on your
bill.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail