Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Garden Burial

On 5 Jan, 22:46, wrote:
On 5 Jan, 14:09, Dave Hill wrote:

Or what would you want planted over you of it was your grave?

Apple trees.

Orchards are immune to compulsory purchase for road schemes, as far as
I recall.

If I had the space I'd go for a Lebanon Cedar or giant red wood, but
with less space here I'd want a mountain ash as it would take our
weather, gales and all.
I do have 2 cats planted by my Corkscrew Hazel which is now over 30
years old and has been moved 4 times in its life, but there is no way
it would move now.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.