Old 07-01-2008, 12:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Suitable Plants for a family garden on a budget. Advice please!

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
"Courgette" wrote in message

I'm a real beginner & would like to start planning my summer garden
porject. any advice is gratefully received!

You want to make a big impression? Try these:

http://www.burpee.com/product/annual...rrivals&page=2

Alternate link:
http://tinyurl.com/34nprh

While you are perusing Burpee's catalog plug "cosmos' into their search.
These are easy to grow, are prolific bloomers and make lovely cut flowers.
One of my all time favorites. Mine averaged about 4ft high.

One other thing you might do is to stroll through your neighborhood and let
people, who are working in their gardens, know that you are planting your
garden, are a novice wanting to learn and any advise they could give you
would be appreciated. If you see a plant/flower you like ask about it. Most
gardening people love to chat away about their gardens. I gave away plant
divisions and slips to those who used to walk by and chat. You'll gather
local information, plants and new friends all in one fell swoop.

Val