Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Rockford Rockford is offline
Registered User

Quote:

Yes they strike easily.

David
Good, I'm in with a chance then. I've never attempted anything like it before though, so am very unsure on how to go about it - could someone advise me on whether the following is the right approach or not? It's what I picked up from numerous corners of the internet:

Plant into a 2/3 sand 1/3 compost mix in a clean pot
Strip off a few inches of bark from the bottom
Keep it warm indoors
Feed with water that's had chopped up weeping willow branches left in it (?!)

Is that right? Also, would I be better using the full offcuts which a several feet long, or removing smaller branches from them & using those?

Sorry about all these questions; I'm a complete novice & not green fingered at all!