Old 07-01-2008, 03:50 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default happy new year in the garden!

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

Waaaah! Mine is being strangled by kikuyu! I have been hitting bits of
it
with Roundup if I can manage not to kill food plants...

well, call me hopelessly naive, but i thought you can just pull out kikuyu!
(clearly i have never had kikuyu myself). i'm always battling with couch
grass. it completely boggles my mind the way it appears not to grow anywhere
at all except into vegetable beds or other places it is not wanted.

I've got that too, and it reacts the same way when it's "just pulled out" --
regrows from the bits left behind. I do have couch on part of the back yard.
It's nice and soft and the piggies like to eat it.

I've just sheet-mulched the most rampant kikuyu in the vegie patch and hope to
plant it out later today.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/