Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default The Gradens on Madeira

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article , says...
We visited Madeira whilst on a cruise in the early part of the year and
missed out on visiting the Gardens, so when we called in recently whilst
cruising on Cunard's new Queen Victoria, we took the Cable Car to the top
and were confronted with a conundrum. We thought, along with many others,
that there was only one 'Gardens' at the top. No. The Tropical Gardens
are
near the top of the Cable Car, to visit the Botanical Gardens, one has to
take another Cable Car back halfway down!!

So if you are visiting Madeira and wish to visit the BOTANICAL GARDENS,
approach it from the bottom, possibly by Taxi, and save time and money
:-))

Thought someone might like to know that :-)

Mike

See thats the problem with cruises, no time to see anything :~) There are
in fact 3 large gardens at the top of the cable car run at Monte and as
you say on a completely seperate cable car and only about half way up is
the botanic garden, there are also a further 3 orchid gardens nearby, we
wouldn't use the cable car for any of them (assuming I could get my wife
on it!) the buses are much cheaper and more fun.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Thanks for that contribution Charlie. Can you post some more off-putting
remarks about cruising and see if we can get the queues to cruise down a
bit? Cruising has now become so popular that we have to book well over a
year in advance to secure decent cabins :-(

This last one on Queen Victoria was planned well over 2 years ago because I
wanted 5 Staterooms. I took all the Family with me to celebrate Christmas,
our Golden Wedding and the New Year. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo popular
:-(

Next Winter we are cruising New Zealand and Australia and had to book that
ages ago. :-((

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.