Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default The Gradens on Madeira

On 7/1/08 08:19, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

snip
See thats the problem with cruises, no time to see anything :~) There are
in fact 3 large gardens at the top of the cable car run at Monte and as
you say on a completely seperate cable car and only about half way up is
the botanic garden, there are also a further 3 orchid gardens nearby, we
wouldn't use the cable car for any of them (assuming I could get my wife
on it!) the buses are much cheaper and more fun.

One could spend the best part of a day in the Monte gardens alone. But I
must say that we liked the Blandy gardens even more - possibly because
they're more English in style, do you think?
Liz is right about the cable car! We took it but I really didn't like it,
especially when it swung a bit as it went over the runner thingies, or over
a deep gorge. I've used dozens of cable cars when skiing but somehow, being
in one that isn't above the snow that I ridiculously imagine will cushion my
fall, made me very uncomfortable.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk