Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default The Gradens on Madeira

I consider the way that most cruses are structured the participants
are just a glorified bunch of day trippers.

Agreed with the proviso that it gives you a chance to see many places with
the advantage of 'only unpacking once'. It is for this reason that we cruise
and have the added advantage of 'returning' to places again and again. I
clearly stated that I was in Madeira earlier in the year and missed things.
I was able to return and 'saw things'. hen we did the World Cruise in 2006
we visited Australia on 3 very brief stops and New Zealand on one. Next
Winter we fly to New Zealand and have a visit, then cruise more of New
Zealand and cruise to Australia. We then fly/tour parts of Australia 'we
wish to see', which includes more than a 'lightening' visit to Sydney before
flying home.

But then the real thing is the on-board life, and not the brief
stops .

Exactly :-))

The people you meet :-)) .......... including some urglers in the Botanic
Gradens ;-)

The food and the service :-(( (Just put 7 lbs on)

etc etc etc

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Kind regards

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.